{

Saturday, September 8, 2007

Pearly Update

This is a sweet picture from 2002 of my grandfather and Pearl, napping together. They were definitely buds. I'm trying to look for the picture of them sharing ice cream, but for the life of me I can't locate it for the moment. I took Pearl to the vet today and although she's still not gaining much weight, he thought she was doing really well and I refilled the thyroid prescription and he gave me an antibiotic. Like I said the other day, she's got a few more lives left in her. He didn't know how long she had, but she was doing well despite the prognosis!

While I was there I could hear this meowing; there was a beautiful gray striped and white tabby named Scooby. He was so friendly-according to the vet, a family just abandoned him at their office and he was looking for a home. People can be so awful. Although I get crazed at times as to the cost of animal care, I just love those "ani-mules" so much, the periodic cost- that's part of the responsibility.

It's so nice to be around home for another weekend. I'm almost lost to figure out what to do first! Just to make my life even more crazy, I've decided that I want to learn to crochet. It's amazing what's on the internet by way of teaching tools. I went to my parent's this afternoon and my mom taught me a stitch that I think I'll actually be able to do to make a baby afghan for my friend Danielle's baby-to-be! There's so much I want to learn and do...I think this will be my "before I go to sleep" project!

Enjoy the weekend!

R.


1 comment:

Margot Potter said...

That's a sweet photo! I'm so glad to hear Pearly girl has a few more lives in her!

People do the best they can, some folks just don't have it in them to care for animals or kids the way one should. It's sad, but true. That's why it's a good thing there are folks like you around.

I'm just about to break out my Knifty Knitter again and whip up some funky elf hats. Do you have one of those?! If not, you need one. They rock.

Happy Sunday!
Madge