Margot and our buddy Inky (Rebecca Peck) has the front web page projects with Adirondack(r) Color Wash-these are even more awesome in person. She has such a great eye for color and altered art...go Inky!
You'll also notice a link to a cool website that's apparently been around for a while, but I just found. It's quite addicting! There's another link from someone that only goes by "Mister X" that has made this into a science. For the papercrafter, it's actually a kind of neat exercise in making your brain think in a certain way to make specific "cuts" to get a special flake. or just zip the mouse around like crazy, and you may surprise yourself. Give it a try. If you want to see any of my "attempts", just do a search and enter "RDB" for the name and "Neptune" for the location.
I hope everyone's keeping warm and has a crafty, creative weekend. Check out these pics of real snowflakes as well as the beady links of last week and this week! My bad-the new year got away from me!
- About.com Jewelry Making New Year's Eve means it's time to put your big bling pieces on, and Tammy has lots of ideas to make you super sparklie.
- About.com Jewelry Making Along with a blog, Tammy's jewelry making web site has a pretty active forum. She gives you a peek inside at a few hot topics.
- Art Bead Scene The crew is on a short holiday break, but we hope you will come by the blog to celebrate with our special week's worth of the Best of Art Bead Scene posts from this past year.
- Art Bead Scene It's a new year, a new month, and thus a new challenge! Bundle up and break out your art beads for January's Ice Storm theme.
- Jewelry & Beading One of Cyndi's designs was chosen for a new book on the Art of Jewelry ~ Wood. Come and see her necklace, called "Measure Twice, Cut Once"!
- Jewelry & Beading Artist Irma Peredne is profiled on Jewelry & Beading this week. Irma has the most wonderful story about the origin of her business name, The Amber Box!
- Katie's Beading Blog Katie's getting ready for the next filming of Beads, Baubles and Jewels. This week, she shares a cool necklace idea using a chain bail and tassel.
- Katie's Beading Blog Katie's Dreams of Topaz necklace is featured in Beadalon's new ad campaign. Get the scoop and links to the instructions on Katie's blog this week.
- PearlEsq. Check out Robin's collaged and soldered Birdies! A fun way to start off the New Year!
- Savvy Crafter No clue what jewelry you’re wearing to the big New Year’s Eve bash? Hop on over to Candie’s blog for an easy and festive fix!
- Snap out of it , Jean! There's beading to be done! Jean just had to repost these sweet necklaces that she made for the childrens' teachers as holiday gifts! They are just too yummy looking snuggling up against the luxurious rose velvet pouches she packaged them in. Happy Holidays to the VIPs in our lives!
- Snap out of it, Jean! There's beading to be done! Jean is excited to participate in the Art Bead Scene competition, as always!