{

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Beadalicious Links and Show n' Tell

Hello, Everyone! I've been sampling and necklacing and inking my heart out this weekend! With CHA weeks away, there is not a lot of down time to relax! I'm not used to blinging up necklaces like my buddy Miss Margot, but I did okay! Thanks to some awesome new things that I got to play with from Beadalon, I actually did some things using some of my stash that I've had "in inventory" for a while.

This is a pendant from Amate International. Armondo and his wife Erika are such great people. Their website is down right now, but you can contact him here. I created a background with Wrinkle Free Distress using a page from an old book. I then added some of Tim's Distressables, then filled with Glossy Accents(tm)!

The chain looks like it is heavy, but it's light as a feather, from Beadalon. I decorated the chain with adding decorative touches with CZ Gem Dropz, Swarovski(r) crystals and wonderful beads from Melanie at Earthenwood Studio...I'm dying to play with more of them, but one thing at a time! What is so great is that it's easy to decorate these chains, even if you don't have a lot of jewelrymaking experience!
Here's another one where I used the flying bird charms from B'Sues Boutique on the chain and embedded in another Amate Pendant. I just love how this will look when worn with a black shirt (or any color shirt for that matter!) with the birds flying all around.
There's a lot more that I've made, but I'm holding on as we get closer to CHA.

Well, I'm headed back to prep, prep and more prep! Hope you enjoyed the necklaces, and enjoy the beady links! Have a great week!

About.com Jewelry Making Do you like two tone metal jewelry? Are you a metal clay jewelry maker? Tammy tells us about a new product to help you mix up metals using metal clay techniques.
Art Bead Scene We are feeling groovy here at Art Bead Scene, as we celebrate our own Tari Sasser's recent press with her tie dyed beads. What trippy thing would *you* make with them?
Jewelry & Beading Cyndi has a free book giveaway going on! You can enter to win a copy of "Crazy About Jewelry" simply by leaving a comment on this post! What could be easier?
Naughty Secretary Club Thinking of selling your jewelry for a living? Jen has some tips on free promotion and suggested reading to get you started.
PearlEsq. Check out the latest adventure of a rubber stamp that's made its way to Australia!
Savvy Crafter Finding the findings is always an interesting experience in Candie's part of the world. This week she shares a couple of pictures from a trip to Hong Kong.
Snap out of it, Jean! There's beading to be done! Beautiful (...possibly even...sexy?) champagne coin pearl chandeliers by Jean!
The Impatient Blogger Need a dose of inspiration? Check out this video blog post by Margot Potter as she traverses a whole new dimension of bloggy goodness!

6 comments:

ginny said...

Beautiful, Robin!
You are the most talented.

Rachel Greig said...

So inspiring Robin! I need you to do a Beady U so I can learn all the tricks and tips! :)

Anonymous said...

awesome - you've been a busy beaver! Love the bird necklace!

Have a great (and productive) week!

:) Kris

wendy vecchi said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE these!! YOU are the master beader/solderer. Now a question...Can soldering 101 be included in the next Ranger U?? please??
SEE you SOON!!!!!!!!
Wendy

Margot Potter said...

Robin

These are so fabulous! LOVE THEM! You are amazing.

Rock on!
Margot

Catherine Aliff said...

Robin and her stash...if the jewelry (and paper industry) stopped producing for a while, we'd still be set.

Keep up the great work Robin, your work is just beautiful!

Tammy