{

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The End of the Tunnel...I see it!

Hey, Everybody! I know I've been MIA lately, but it's just been too much to do prep for CHA and then blog...I've had blog guilt! I'm going to try and get some sneak peeks out of some of the jewelry I've been making for Amate and Ranger.

On the knee front, I had the MRI of my right knee. It's been a few years since I had the left one done, and for the most part, I've been lucky in not having to have many tests, etc over my 45 years. The funny thing is that you're not supposed to move your leg. So, what is it that you want to do? Move your leg! I have to say I was a good girl and that darn knee did not move a bit...but not for my brain wanting to make it move just to f&*$ with me. All I think of is that I'm listening to a science fiction movie from the 50's with all the weird sounds. Needless to say, I'll be seeing the doctor Thursday and will get the results. I think I learned from my mistakes of the past by seeing the doctor right away and not letting it go.
Here's one of the necklaces that I put together. I go hot and cold with bead crochet, but I do love when it's finished! I learned from my friends in MA and when I see what they've created I always want to go back and crochet, crochet, crochet! The pendant is a stamped image from Hero Arts, one of my favorites. The background is Wrinkle Free and "bandanna-ed". It was sealed with Glossy Accents(tm)! I made the crocheted necklace so long it was no problem to double it, but then I needed a larger bale. Thus, I twisted the wire and made the double loops and then the smaller one so the pendant would hang properly. I can't wait to bring it to the show!
One of the things that I always want to "perfect" but have not yet done is to make an invisible join with bead crochet. When I have patience, I'll do it for a bracelet, but when it comes to these necklaces, a Bali-Style magnetic closure works great!
I've got more necklaces finished that I'll try and get photographed, tweaked and blogged!
I also wanted to thank everyone for their supportive thoughts...I so appreciate it.
Have a great evening!
Robin

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooh- so pretty. Now there's something i could learn in my spare time, if i had any. It'd be fun to do some bead classes some weekend just for the heck of it.

Fab-o work as always! You got me hooked on the bandanna technique and now you gave me one more way to use it - thanks!

Rachel Greig said...

Love the necklace and pendant! And I hope everything goes well with your knee....

wendy vecchi said...

Never EVER in a MILLION years would I even think to attempt that necklace. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! Klutz that I am, I'd spend my time picking the beads off the floor.
Hope you can escape the arthroscope...run fast!
See you soon!!
Wendy

Anonymous said...

Hey Beamer - we should take a class sometime to learn bead crocheting! Oh, that's right - we already did that. :)
I wear my red, white and blue one EVERY day. Never take it off. I get so many comments about it here. If only *I* could learn bead crochet. (sigh)
Good talking to you...please take care! Miss you.
Penny

Margie Higuchi said...

This necklace is FAB!! I always wanted to do this! But alas, one of many, many things to do on my ever growing list! LOL!

Hope CHA prep is not as bad as mine! I'm so panicked this time - UGH! Will miss you all @ CHA but hope to see you this summer!

kitkat said...

this is gorgeous! love your blog and the techniques you have shared - thank you! can't wait to try them out. hope your knee is better.

suzi finer said...

one of these days I'm going to convince someone to bear with me and teach me how to use that yarn!
envious...
love.

Michelle McGee said...

Hope the knee is okay!

Pretty stuff!

Anonymous said...

I've never had blog guilt. I have had dog guilt . . . you know when you've been at a fun party all afternoon and know that you really shouldn't stay all evening, too, cuz you really do need to go home and feed the dog and let him out. . . dog guilt. No fun. Cats don't inspire guilt . . .
Glad to see you back.
Rinda

Designs by Jenean said...

What a beautiful necklace. The necklace speaks a thousand words and the pendant puts an exclamation point on it.