My goal this year!? To be a positive force for myself. Be a "glass is half full" thinker in everything I do. I can very much be positive in many things, but not in everything. I'm also a bit of a procrastinator, so I'm going to try and do something about that.
It was a good weekend of being with friends, but it ended with a cold. But, let's be positive...it is just a cold-it could have been worse. (How'm I doing so far!?)
I know that in many respects that I am a very lucky person. I know that it's part what you do, but it's also part being at the right place and at the right time.
My other thought is that with my blog, I want to just keep sharing what I'm up to and educate when I can. I peruse the "smack" blogs from time to time and I just shake my head. There's one thing to give an opinion, but it's another thing to anonymously say a bunch of crap. It's not good for anyone, for the crafts industry...right!? This is for me my "business", but it's also because of my love for the art and creativity. That's the bottom line. In the end, I don't care if anyone likes what I do-if it's something I'm enjoying creating and I'm happy with the results, anyone else wanting to look at what I make as a starting point for something they create, that's just a bonus.
I love looking up quotes. They abound on the Internet. Here's a few that are penned with the New Year in mind:
- New Year's Day: Now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual. ~Mark Twain
- Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man. ~Benjamin Franklin
- Year's end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us. ~Hal Borland
- One resolution I have made, and try always to keep, is this: To rise above the little things. ~John Burroughs
- We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day. ~Edith Lovejoy Pierce
I wish you all the best of days in 2008!