{

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

See you in the Funny Papers...!



Well, another year of all the prep and then it just blows by. It was great to have the four days to visit family and friends! Cookie Chaos 2007, last minute shopping with Brian, visiting our friends at the diner, having fun with my nieces on Christmas Eve and my nephew on Christmas, you can't go wrong!

Before Christmas, in making the push for the presents for my nieces and nephews, my sister told me what game Ryan wanted. I of course forgot what it was. So did she. So, a follow-up inquiry to my nephew garnered the answer: Nintendo Pokemon Diamond DS. Brian went above and beyond and fought the crowds at Wal-mart (major points, Brian!)...he called me to surprise me with what he did, reading, "Nintendo Pokemon Pearl DS"..."Oh, $*%&#@." They pulled the correct one from the cabinet, but in the pile that was there (you can't touch the game until you've bought it!), they pulled the wrong one and he didn't notice. Well, needless to say, Saturday evening I went back (thank goodness it wasn't as crowded) and got Diamond, returning Pearl.

The irony of this whole story was the Sunday Foxtrot comic. I tried to cut and paste it into the blog, but no go. Click over, though-trust me, it's worth it. My mom was telling my dad the story and he remembered the comic and she cut it out for Brian. I love the comics...my dad and I always would comment on them. My dad loves to cut them out, especially when he wants to make a point about something. He always compared me to the trials and tribulations of "Cathy". I miss Calvin and Hobbes and always loved Bloom County!

I was also surprised to be bestowed with an award by the wonderfully talented Jean Yates:

Thanks so much, Miss Jean.

Well, it's going to be a nice, short work week and then "pow!" it'll be full-force CHA push. Always an adventure. For all those that do the CHA dance, you know what I'm talking about!

Enjoy the day, everyone.

Robin

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry, Merry Robin! Thanks for your inspiration throughout the year. I made my first real bead creation. . . a very pretty winter memory wire bracelet. Simple, but I love it. Got so inspired I made a pink ballet themed one for my daughter!
Rinda

terri zwicker said...

robin,
i sure hope you had a very merry christmas, it was a wonderful one here in WI.
just wanted to say HI, and i miss you!
still daydreaming about soldering....
zwick
ps, just when DO you find the time to create such great blog pages?????

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

dear Robin: It is my pleaure to present you with this award, which looks really pretty on your sidebar! and I think those two qualities are what you genuinely represent!

Mona Lisa said...

Hello chica Robin!

I am doing the CHA dance indeed...the mock booth is going up in my garage this week. Finalizations of make 'n takes, etc - sound familiar? ;)

Happy New Year's my talented and lovely friend,
Lis