Happy Friday! I'm going to making bead mixes tonight for a knotted necklace class I'm teaching the local stamping club. If anyone is ever interested in me teaching this, give me a holler! Then I'm determined to solder. On my way home I headed to my local bead store, The Birds and the Beads and as usual, I couldn't help myself. I somewhat restrained myself, but it was tough. So, now no food for the rest of the week and just pay the bills! lol...
This is one of my favorite necklaces, from one of the most awesome beadmakers out there, Kim Miles. I'm always astounded by the detail in her work and have a nice little collection of her beads.
Here's the beadblogger links of the week...check out the wonderful techniques, samples and insight from the beady ladies. Have a great weekend!
Here you go!
- Art Bead Scene Stop by Art Bead Scene this week to see the winner of the October challenge and the theme and prizes for the November challenge. We are sure it will "wake up" your creativity!
- Bead Arts Never throw anything out! Not even Chinese fortunes...
- Jewelry and Beading Blog Is it a trick or a treat? If you are passing out these beaded Halloween cards discovered by Tammy over at the Jewelry and Beading Blog, more than likely your friends will think they are the perfect treat this year. Plus, no calories or cavities!
- Katie's Beading Blog Are you selling the jewelry you make? Katie compiled a list of links to articles that are full of helpful tips and info. Check them out or just add yours to the list.
- PearlEsq. Robin's added another Technique of the Week, showing some fun ideas with Adirondack Alcohol Inks, Embossing Powders and Color Wash, all products that work as wonderfully on paper as for mixed media jewelry designs!
- Savvy Crafter Not sure what to do with that handful of cloisonne beads? Head over to Candie's blog for some inspiration!
- Snap out of it, Jean! There's beading to be done! Jean just keeps loving to make those crazy little spiral seed bead bracelets. This one has a funny name!
- Stitch Austin / Naughty Secretary Club Jen writes for several blogs, one of which is for the Stitch Fashion Show and Indie Craft Bazaar that she produces. Stitch is Nov 10th at the Austin Convention Center and Jen blogged a roundup of all the amazing jewelry designers you will find at the show!
- The Impatient Blogger Got a restless streak a mile wide? Enjoy Margot's musings on how she's turned her 'creative adhd 'into a career. Impatient? Well, yes!