{

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Creatively Unique Massaustraliranger Owls!


Happy Wednesday! Now that I'm back on the road to health again, I wanted to share some more of my pics from my Absolutely Everything trip. One of my favorite parts of the "Birds of a Feather" Class was decorating Julie Van Oosten's Collections Owls!

I was so psyched that after I demoed
Tim's Wrinkle-Free Distress and the Bandanna technique with the Inkssentials(tm) White Opaque Pen as well as tips and techniques on Distress Crackle Paint(tm), Adirondack(r) Acrylic Paint Dabbers, etc., everyone did their own thing! Every owl was so unique and individualistic. That just makes my day. Years ago when I would teach card classes and students would ask what I exactly used, sometimes I wouldn't tell (I'm so bad!). I really want everyone to experiment and enjoy and not worry! I think everyone also enjoyed what they made, and that's what it's all about!
I really do have fun with the birds and owls following that's going on with art, and these "blingy"-eyed Swarovksi Owls are so creative! As you can probably tell, this "species" of artsy owl came via Australia (Julie) to Kate's (Topsfield, MA) and, of course, "Rangerized" ala, moi!

This weekend will be spent getting prepped for my last week of classes at Scrapbook Cupboard, (check it out!) before my right knee medial meniscectomy, which will put me out a few weeks, but it's all good, because then I'll be ready to roll!

Have a Hootie Blast!

Robin

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

How adorable are they!!! I have a naked owl here of Julie's that I need to work on... you've inspired me :)

Lisa Kettell said...

These are absolutely wonderful! I didn't know you had a blog, found it on terri Ventura's site!
Magic and Joy!
Lisa!

Kriss said...

What a hoot! ha,ha,ha...sometimes, I do crack myself up.

These are great! Robin, you come up with the best of the best of ideas. I love them! This had to have been a really fun class.

Anonymous said...

These are the coolest owls ever created! I love them.

Unknown said...

I love those owls! Amazing how different they are!

Unknown said...

Hi Robin! I'd love "Official" directions ... I'm chagrined at having presumed to show a "how-to" .... I just got Sooooo excited! This was a total blast! Thanks for sharing!

milepost7@clearwire.net

Jennifer Perkins said...

Robin these owls are a-doorbell I heart them so!

Alyce said...

Wow!!!!! Just stumbled across your blog and I find OWLS! I have been collecting howls for almost 30 years. I'm going to have to go back and check out how these fantastic owls were made.
Thanks so much for sharing.

Alyce
snowyowl@wi.rr.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Robin : )
I just found your website and I LOVE your stuff. I have looked for the directions for the owls and I am guess I am stuck on stupid 'cause I cannot find them! Can you tell me where to look. These are the cutest things I have seen in a long time.
I also wanted to ask you about your Floating Through Grunge piece. What type of paint did you use? What are the white people on the piece?
Thank You,
Ambergrumbles@carolina.rr.com